martes, 15 de abril de 2008

International Volunteer - Ng Eng Tze's volunteering experience

On the 21st of June 2007, I arrived in Lima, Peru to begin my two months of volunteering with Gen-Acts. I was terribly excited but had little expectations of the state of development in the country. Looking back, I am guilty of being oblivious and ignorant of South American countries. Before discovering about this volunteer project through the Internet, I can safely claim that I knew zilch about Peru. Not even about Machu Picchu. Hence, it was a huge step for me to take, coming to a foreign country all by myself. Nevertheless, this journey proved to be an experience of a lifetime.

I was involved in a few projects in Lima. During my two months there, I helped out with ACAPAN, taught English to children at AGAPE and Kids Alive! as well as youths in the Youth Alive! program, helped to start up a new project called Hope For Kids, and helped to organize a painting project in Huaycan.

Voluntaria Internacional – Experiencia de voluntariado de Ng Eng Tze.

Este viaje llegó a ser una experiencia de toda la vida.Estuve involucrada en algunos proyectos en Lima. Durante mis dos meses allá, participé junto a ACAPAN, enseñando inglés a los niños de AGAPE y Kids ALIVE! , también enseñé Inglés a los jóvenes del programa Youth ALIVE! .Colaboré en el inicio de un nuevo proyecto llamado “Hope for Kids”, y en organizar un proyecto para pintar escuelitas en el asentamiento humano de Huaycán.



Click on the top right hand side x to watch slide show again:)

No hay comentarios: